ONLINE Class w/ Greg Salmon!
Greg is the Casting Associate from a daytime drama!
To see his list of credits, please visit his IMDb page!
Greg's Lesson Plan For All Workshops:
- HOW DAYTIME PRODUCTION DIFFERS FROM PRIMETIME PRODUCTION AND FILM PRODUCTION.
- A DISCUSSION ABOUT THE DO'S AND DON'T'S OF THE AUDITION PROCESS.
- CLASS WILL DISCUSS PREPARING FOR AN AUDITION, HOW TO DRESS, AUDITION ROOM ETIQUETTE, ANALYZING SIDES AND MATERIAL. A DISCUSSION ABOUT DEMO REELS, THE REALITY OF COMPETING IN THE LA MARKET, ETC.
- WE WILL DISCUSS THE APPROVAL PROCESS: GOING FROM THE ROOM TO PRODUCERS TO NETWORK TO TESTING.
- WE WILL DISCUSS WHAT THE TOP MISTAKES BEING MADE IN THE AUDITION ROOM ARE.
Demo reels & Self taping
- A DISCUSSION REVOLVING THE IMPORTANCE OF REELS AND SELF-TAPING
Q & A
- CLASS CAN ASK ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS TO HELP DEMYSTIFY THE AUDITION/CASTING PROCESS.
- CLASS WILL BE GIVEN APPROX 20 MIN TO REHEARSE SCENE WITH A PARTNER. SCENES WILL THEN BE PERFORMED IN FRONT OF THE CLASS. MULTIPLE COPIES WILL BE GIVEN OUT SO ACTORS CAN SEE DIFFERENT INTERPRETATIONS OF MATERIAL. ACTORS WILL GET A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT CASTING DIRECTORS, DIRECTORS AND PRODUCERS OBSERVE IN AN AUDITION. RE-DIRECTION AND ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE GIVEN.
- WHAT REALLY MAKES A GOOD HEADSHOT/RESUME? HOW BEST TO FOLLOW UP WITH AN OFFICE?
**Please Make Sure To Read All The Details About This Class (format, sides, etc.)**
Sides Note: Greg is going to assign sides for this class. Actors will be emailed sides in advance (1-2 days). Please make sure you have your headshot added to your ACE profile.
Format Note: *Online Class* This class will take place entirely on Zoom w/ LIVE Scenework. Zoom link will be provided a few hours before class. Greg will go over his lesson plan during the Q&A - then actors will perform their scenes live (we will have a reader).
ACE Studios - ZOOM Division
Tuesday, March 14, 2023 6:30pm
This event is in the past.
Please Note: At the conclusion of the class/workshop, the instructor will NOT be taking home nor given access to your headshot, resume, or any other of your promotional materials. Your headshot/resume and any other promotional materials will be returned to you. This is not an audition or employment opportunity.