ONLINE Co-star Class w/ Rick Messina!
Rick is now a Casting Associate at Rachel Tenner Casting!
To see his list of credits, please visit his IMDb page!
Rick's Lesson Plan For All Workshops:
A. 20 – 25 MINUTE LECTURE ON “HOW TO BOOK THE PART”. THE FOLLOWING WILL BE DISCUSSED.
1. UNDERSTANDING THE TONE OF A SHOW.
2. FINDING THE GIVEN CIRCUMSTANCES FOR AUDITION SIDES.
3. UNDERSTANDING THE POINT OF EACH CHARACTER / WHY THEY ARE THERE.
4. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN INTERESTING CHOICE AND AN OBVIOUS CHOICE.
5. HOW TO FIND SPECIFIC INTERESTING CHOICES THAT BRING THE CHARACTER TO LIFE.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF A GOOD HEAD SHOT.
- THE TRUTH ABOUT DEMO REELS
- CO-STARS VS. GUEST STARTS.
- WHAT YOU SHOULD YOU BE DOING TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
B. QUESTION AND ANSWERS – RICK WILL TAKE QUESTIONS FROM THE CLASS
Format Note: *Online Class* Live Scenework
This class will take place on Zoom! A link will be emailed out a few hours before class. At the beginning of class, there will be an interactive Q&A – the CD will go over their lesson plan (featured above). Actors are encouraged to ask questions =) After the Q&A, each actor will perform their scene – the CD will give feedback/adjustments etc. In most cases we will provide a reader, unless the CD prefers to read with the actors.
Scenework classes run about +/- 2-3 hours. Attendance at the start of class is required – if you have to leave early, always email us ahead of time.
ACE Studios - ZOOM Division
Thursday, March 16, 2023 6:30pm
This event is in the past.