ONLINE Class w/ Gary Zuckerbrod!
Gary Zuckerbrod is a Head Casting Director!
- An introductory talk about the do's and don't's of the audition process. Additionally, Gary will discuss preparing for an audition, how to dress, access the audition room, analyzing sides and material. A discussion about demo reels, the reality of competing in the LA market, etc. will be addressed. There will be a short Q&A before the readings.
- Actors will read in front of the class opposite Gary. Notes, direction and observations will be given on the reading and then the actor will read again after the adjustment.
- Often a number of actors in the class will read the same material so that they get a greater understanding of what Casting Directors, Directors and Producers observe in an audition.
- A discussion of pictures and resumes will take place after the readings.
- At the end of the class there will be another Q & A.
This event will have a significant format departure. Due to the time Gary is taking to select sides, you CANNOT cancel after Sunday, 6.11 @ 6:30pm. If you do so, you will lose the money/credit paid for this event.
For this event, Gary will be selecting sides for each actor so there are no late cancels or same day signups.
Gary might be reading with each actor personally, and may assign some people the same sides. The workshop will use a FULL CLASS setting, and we will send these sides to you the DAY BEFORE the workshop. He wants his workshop to simulate a producers session at his office-- he will point out the do's and don'ts and what he looks for during the casting process.
This workshop will be an AMAZING experience, and we are thrilled to bring it to you! Please email us if you have any questions!
**Please Make Sure To Read All The Details About This Class (format, sides, etc.)**
Format Note: *Online Class* Live Scenework
This class will take place on Zoom! A link will be emailed out a few hours before class. At the beginning of class, there will be an interactive Q&A – the CD will go over their lesson plan (featured above). Actors are encouraged to ask questions =) After the Q&A, each actor will perform their scene – the CD will give feedback/adjustments etc. In most cases we will provide a reader, unless the CD prefers to read with the actors.
Scenework classes run about +/- 2-3 hours. Attendance at the start of class is required – if you have to leave early, always email us ahead of time.
ACE Studios - ZOOM Division
Tuesday, June 13, 2023 6:30pm
You must become a member before you can register for Ace Studios events. Please login or create an account..
Please Note: At the conclusion of the class/workshop, the instructor will NOT be taking home nor given access to your headshot, resume, or any other of your promotional materials. Your headshot/resume and any other promotional materials will be returned to you. This is not an audition or employment opportunity.