ONLINE Class w/ Gary Zuckerbrod!
Gary Zuckerbrod is a Head Casting Director!
- An introductory talk about the do's and don't's of the audition process. Additionally, Gary will discuss preparing for an audition, how to dress, access the audition room, analyzing sides and material. A discussion about demo reels, the reality of competing in the LA market, etc. will be addressed. There will be a short Q&A before the readings.
- Actors will read in front of the class opposite Gary. Notes, direction and observations will be given on the reading and then the actor will read again after the adjustment.
- Often a number of actors in the class will read the same material so that they get a greater understanding of what Casting Directors, Directors and Producers observe in an audition.
- A discussion of pictures and resumes will take place after the readings.
- At the end of the class there will be another Q & A.
This event will have a significant format departure. Due to the time Gary is taking to select sides, you CANNOT cancel after Tuesday, 2/20 @ 6pm.
Format Note: *Online Class* Live Scenework
This class will take place on Zoom! A link will be emailed out a few hours before class. At the beginning of class, there will be an interactive Q&A – the CD will go over their lesson plan (featured above). Actors are encouraged to ask questions =) After the Q&A, each actor will perform their scene – the CD will give feedback/adjustments etc. In most cases we will provide a reader, unless the CD prefers to read with the actors.
Scenework classes run about +/- 2-3 hours. Attendance at the start of class is required – if you have to leave early, always email us ahead of time.
ACE Studios - ZOOM Division
Thursday, February 22, 2024 6:00pm